Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Two Lovely Poems About Books

While browsing my family's bookshelves I found two very different books of poems lined up by each other. Curiously I pulled them out and flitted through their pages. While reading I discovered a poem from each that I decidedly liked. I will share them with you now:

The 1st is from a book presented by Barbara Ross called A Treasury of Goops.

Books
I have a notion
the books on the shelves
Are just as much persons
As we are, ourselves.
When you are older, you'll find this is true,
You'd better be careful
To make books like you!

The 2nd is from The Bookworm's Feast, A Potluck of Poems by J. Patrik Lewis.

Read...Think...Dream
Book me a passage
to history
Back to some once-
on-a-time,
Sail me into a
tall told tale,
Read me a river-
boat rhyme.

Ride me the waves
of a story,
Settle me down
by a brook,
Dream me a land 
only dreamed of,
Book me a voyage
by book.

The rest of the poems in these books are amazing. I encourage you to find them and read the rest!

1 comment: