Friday, March 16, 2012

The best play I've ever seen

On Wednesday I went to the Hale Center Theatre and saw the best play ever. It was Zorro! The first ever premier of Zorro in the United States!

If you've ever been to the Hale Center, then you'll know what I'm talking about when I say 'Indescribable Special Effects'. The stage is a small oval shaped thing in the middle of the auditorium. The audience goes all the way around. The stage moves!  There is a part in the play where Ramon first meets Zorro. The lights go out and you hear 'Ramon' echo off the walls. The wall itself then rumbles. Then the candles on the set all burst into one huge flame and behind them you can see Zorro's silhouette. The fire goes out and when the lights come back on Zorro is sitting on Ramon's couch with his feet propped up. Zorro says some threatening lines to Ramon, who orders his guards to seize Zorro. But, Zorro jumps to his feet, grabs fire out of thin air and then throws it to the ground. He then disappears. The guards are running around in a panic when Zorro enters one last time, from the ceiling. 

I have been inspired! I loved the play! It's been days since I've seen it and I still can't get over the sheer awesomeness of it! It's driving me crazy. I can't seem to stop talking about it. I need to stop. I'm ending this post right now. Please excuse me while I go explode...

No comments:

Post a Comment